Where To Ride Around Lancaster?

madcr500

Hi.

I live in lancaster, lancashire and am struggling to find anywhere to ride. I fancy some greenlanes or something as i am just starting out. My bike is on the road so not a problem to ride to somewhere.

I know there used to be some green lanes around the trough of bowland but i dont know if they are still open to bikes. I have been to Delph quarry but its very small. Good for a bit of practice though.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi.

I live in lancaster, lancashire and am struggling to find anywhere to ride. I fancy some greenlanes or something as i am just starting out. My bike is on the road so not a problem to ride to somewhere.

I know there used to be some green lanes around the trough of bowland but i dont know if they are still open to bikes. I have been to Delph quarry but its very small. Good for a bit of practice though.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Sorry to say there is very little legal practice land round here. Dont go near the trough you'll end up being arrested.

The only real answer is to go to organised trials and compete. There are plenty of clubs locally with easy trials within 25 miles. Lakes Grass Track have one on this Saturday. See events column on this site

Hi

Thanks for that. I'll have a look. I'm a bit hesitant to enter an event until i get a bit more practice in. Its a bit of a catch 22 i s'pose. Ive never even been to watch one! Maybe that should be my first step.

Thanks.

Marcus.

Marcus

Go to the trial with your bike and offer to observe. That way you can have a ride out to a section and a ride back (and I didnt say this, maybee a discreet practice whilst there are no riders to observe).

That way you get a ride out, get a feel for whats going on and can ask about anything your not sure of.

Your help will be appreciated, and observers get a free burger after the event.

See you there. Christoff

Hi,

Sounds like great advice but would it really be wise to have someone observing who has never been to a trials event or even watched one on tv (apart from watching the odd kickstart when i was about 10). Thats a good queue for everyone to take the p**s.

I would be happy to be an observer once i have a clue about whats going on. I love burgers!!!!

Is their any trials on tv these days? I have sky and all the sports channels.