Gasgas Txt Pro 250 2005

tjp

Hi everyone,

ummm well my gas gas recently started smoking heavily and after taking advice and investigating it myself i found a perished crank seal, so being overcautious i replaced the main bearings, the seal that goes into the crankcase before the bearing on the fly wheel side, the seals that are pushed into the side of the bearings and the four o rings (along with numerous gaskets). anyway after rebuilding the bike and running it for a while i found it was still smoking, so i decided to strip it down again to be 100% happy and found the gear box oil had been leaking into the crank, probably more than originally!!!. does anyone know what i may have done wrong or have any vital tips to ensure i rebuild this thing correctly

thanks in advance for any info guys

Cant help just yet as I've never split a TXT yet but I'm just about to. Need to do the same, replace crankseals, so I'm also interested in any info. According to the GG exploded picture theres only one seal to the fly wheel side and 'o' rings to the clutch side. Is this right ?

:D

Cant help just yet as I've never split a TXT yet but I'm just about to. Need to do the same, replace crankseals, so I'm also interested in any info. According to the GG exploded picture theres only one seal to the fly wheel side and 'o' rings to the clutch side. Is this right ?

think i have the same exploded view as you of the crank seal and bearing set up and your right it does only show the one seal and two O-rings, however both bearings have two O-rings each, and unfortunately there are two seals that push into the bearings themselves which cost extra!!, good luck with the work, i've learn't alot already. Oh and if you get really stuck call this number and ask for kev (08712232050), he's the technical guy at gas gas uk and he was amazing......the man knows everything.

I'm replacing a main bearing as well ( flywheel side). When you pressed in the bearing where did you line the hole in the outer race of the bearing with. There seems to be two oil passages (one at about 10 oclock or so and one at 7 oclock or so when looking from the inside of the left case to the outside?

Excellent link Bikespace, will make good training material for my son. Unfortunately doesn't show the crank and bearing/seal set-up but I'm sure I'll suss it out. I'm getting to like the internet now (old school but getting there) ! Cheers mate.