Casey Stoner - Hail The New World Champ!

subanator

Winners are grinner's, well done Casey Stoner being the newly crowned 2007 MotoGP World Champion.:huh:

Makes an Aussie proud to see another world champ in the record books and hopefully see a few more championships under his belt in the future.

It wasnt an easy run to the finish, as he didnt seem to be happy with his setup during qualifying, but persisted on regardless for a result like no other.

The race at Motegi was down to strategy from when to swap bikes and tyres selected etc made for a pretty exciting race I reckon for a close finish.

I do take my hat off to Rossi for his persistence and trying to remain in the race with the problems he faced.

Last round before at Estoril saw the Rossi of old, and made one think he wasnt going to go down without a fight.

But watching pre race interviews and comments from Casey and Valentino were a couple of casual blokes that didnt really have the high expectations and had great respect for each other, so much for the media hype. But Casey did show bad form to Checa in the Qualifier and was totally out of character.

Next couple of rounds look to be more of saddle placements and maybe some pre testing for 2008 - bring it on, I cant wait.

The first Italian 4 stroke win since the days of MV Agusta, excellent result.

This could just be the victory that changes Moto GP and shows everyone else that the Japanese bikes can be beat.

This can only be great for the sport.

Well done Casey, but well done and thank you Ducati.