Scorpa T-ride

pommietrialsnz

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on good authority the T-Ride will be entered in the Tough One enduro and the bike may well be fitted with enduro tyres. Below is a paragraph which i found interesting from the Full Report below.

"Greg (Scorpa T-Ride) qualified for the NIGHT SHOW. An evening event, style American, organized by the Frenchman Eric P

Edited by spud

• 5 months later...

So, has anyone on this forum actually ridden a T ride yet?

I've read reports from a trail, enduro point of view but how about from a trials point of view?

I'd like to know how good a LDT bike it would make and would the cheaper, less powerful Beta Alp be a better trials machine?

Any comments welcome.

• 2 months later...

There were a couple of T Rides going well in the OK Supreme LDT on Sunday.

100_4938.jpg

I saw the two T Rides as well and they seemed to be going well. Considering one as a replacement for my Alp.

OK Supreme LDT: excellent trial. Big thanks to the organising club.

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody

I bought a Scorpa T-ride in September and have now done some trail riding and ridden one Long Distance Trial and one Enduro on it. I wanted a bike to do both types of events for fun and it is a good compromise for this. Here are a few notes -

The bike is pretty good as a LDT bike but the pegs are a bit higher than bikes like a Beta Alp and the engine is a bit quick to rev so you do need to be careful with the throttle. I know that Nigel Birkett (the UK importer) is looking at offering a flywheel kit which would be ideal for LDTs as it will stall if you let the engine lug down to low revs under load.

For enduros the bike has enough ground clearance to stop getting stuck in the ruts and it has enough power to ride at a reasonable pace. You can fit scramble tyres OK. The bike is twitchy compared to an enduro bike especially going downhill in ruts. The nice thing is that the low centre of gravity and soft power delivery (for an enduro bike) doesn't tire you out on slippery going like a true enduro bike such as the Yam WR250F I had previously.

Because the pegs are high and the seat is lowish the bars are never quite at the right height for sitting down and standing up. I've put on bars which are an inch or so higher than standard and this is good for riding standing up. Generally the bike works better standing up everywhere if you can manage it.

The bike had a few engine mods when I bought it - exhaust restrictor removed, air injection removed, rejetted and the engine runs very nicely. I think that if you want to do any speed events then it's not worth bothering with a heavier flywheel.

Overall I'd say the T-Ride is a great crossover bike. It's perfect for a three stage trial but is probably not the bike you need if you are expecting to win an LDT or expecting to win an Enduro.

Cheers

Sam.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Yes I have a 2008 Scorpa T-Ride which now I had for 5 months. I am in Indonesia, where the trails is jungle tight, wet ,slippery and steep. I specially order the T-Ride for this condition where the standard Enduro bike is just too heavy and powerful. So far its fulfill my expectation, The T-Ride is easy to menouver in the tight stuff, the supension is just right with 200 mm travel, and the traction is awesome. The electric start is just so helpful, especially after a spill. The Fuel consumption is also very good, I can ride for 120Km+ without any doubt. Its important in here since fuel pump is scare in the trails

Modification I did, of course taking exhaust restrictor, Air Injection and change to Hydraulic clutch !, Yes, the original clutch pull is too heavy, I install a Magura unit. I wish Scorpa listen and made avaiable SY250FR Hydraulic clutch unit.

Thing I dont like ?, Its still a heavy bike !, at 96 kg without fuel (thats what I got measured) is heavy, My KDX200 weigh 103 kg, and my Montesa 4RT is 73 kg. I expect the T-Ride will be in the 85 kg range. The potential of weigh reduction is there, I have replaced all wheel axles to titanium also swing arm axle. The stainless steel exhaust is also next to go, I wish Scorpa offer the SY250FR aluminium one fot T-ride.

Manufacturing problems ?, the Aibox to Filter seal is faulty, and dust will leak pass filter, its a sloppy airbox manufactring, I have modfied it. The thortle cable routing is not the best, need to carefully route and check everytime you remove the tank, if not its going to have extra friction.

Sam, could you share with me the Carb jetting modification ?, mine still stock since I cant get Del ortho jets part in here, only Keihin and Mikuni

AA

Thanks Loonal for the Carb info

I will open the carburator and set the needle in the middle clip. I suspect now is in the highest clip position, thus its lean setting.

Could you explain to me what did you do for the throtle ?, did you change the throtle tube with a smaller diameter for slower throttle ?Which brand did you use ?

I did modify the exhaust restrictor, Air Injection but not ECU. I simply did not have tye nerve to drill hole in the ECU. Also I dont need the moor to run more than 10,000 rpm. Do you know if T-Ride and WRF 250 have the same ECU ?, if it does then the Wire disconnect mod found in many WRF forums should work on the T-Ride too ?

For the pictures, I guess you could only attach/post picture location /website, but not the picture itself.

Please beware, unless things have changed, the ECU upgrade was an essential part of the de-restriction process. The exhaust & air box modifications just did not work properly without the ECU change. The bike ran very weak & got so hot! From what we saw on the dyno I would suspect the ECU modification is more than just a raising of the 10,000 rpm limit, I think it is an complete ignition map change.

I am not sure on the WRF Scorpa ECU question, but I was led to believe the ECU on the Scorpa is Italian so I would assume there would be a connector problem at the very least.

The throttle tube is a fast action domino, with a new longer throttle cable that I made up. The fast action trials throttle has a longer pull than standard.

Hope that helps

LOONAL

dear loonal,

Are you sure that the difference in Dyno come from ECU. ?, In the document "optimisation of T-Ride" it tell clearly "All these modification is for racing purpose only". I am definetly not racing, only Enduro riding in extreeme terrain. So I did the stuff that makes sense to me, The air injection, exhaust plug and Air intake modification make whole sense to me, and it runs quite well after these modification without ECU. Sufficient for my purpose (usually I run only up to 8000 rpm). Yes The engine is a bit hesitant in the 3000-4000 rpm range. But after I did change the needle position and change the pilot jet to u33. It run great !.

If I need something from the engine, not high rpm power,but I need more bottom end torque, so it doesnt stall as easily. But maybe thats a flyhwheel problem.

Could you explain baout the procedure again, Drill the hole, 10 mm from each edge, then cut the orange wire, and ground it ?, means connect to the frame ? Do you know if the process is reversible is I dont like the result ? Could you email me your Dyno result ? (alisjahb@yahoo.com)

I have the black Domino throtle tube in my T-ride, I thought its the slow one, white is the fast one ?, is that true ?

Volcano

Please email me at arnoux@thehellteam.com and i will give you the full specs on the ECU upgrade and how to do it. DO not attempt it without the proper Factory instructions.

It is a dedicated Scorpa ECU and not a WR unit. It does make a big difference!