Aveyron 04

hrc1

I've uploaded some pics to the gallery - see hrc1 albums etc.

Three Englishmen made the long trek, 600 miles across France, to this the second best French trial. The going was all rocks 95% of which had enormous grip that caused probs for those of us more used to the slippery stuff (loop city here I come!) . Each day is about 60 - 70 km with lots of off-road and 25 sections. Day 3 is the big ride out 110 km with three petrol stops. Lunchtime is a 1 hour stop with a 4 course nosh-up - which is fine until you reach the first section of the afternoons run.........All of us got caught with odd time marks, it was never tight on time, but you just had none spare. I attempted the Senior 3 route (with my usual half hearted commitment!) which is probably tougher here than the other French events. Lee H rode well for a day or two to end up about 14th on the same route.

Harry R rode the easier "gentleman" class but still lost far more marks than he anticipated. Didn't see any final results - but you can be sure a Frenchman won the top Expert route. Jerome Bethune was leading on half the marks of rival Greg Eyries at the halfway stage. The organising club - Moto Club 12 - are running another 3 day in November on similar going a little to the north of this one which started from St Geniez d'Olt. Well worth a go.