2008 Entry Forms

highland lassie

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Right folks - there's still a few entries on their way to us, but I know how you like your facts and figures...Slapshot and Big John being particularly fond of the figures element! B)

We've had 395 entries so far, including 11 under-18s and 120 OAPs. Of the 395, 90 are complete newcomers - Gizza's stories obviously haven't scared too many of them off yet! I suspect there's a good 10-15 more than that - there's a lot of young entrants with names I don't recognise from previous years, but they haven't marked themselves as newcomers on their entry forms so they're not included in that total, not for now anyway.

As usual, most of the entrants hail from our own shores. There's 90 European entrants, 2 Manx competitors, 9 from further afield and the remaining 294 are from in and around the UK. Mostly Yorkshire actually! ;)

24 folk are keeping their bike details a closely-guarded secret, but of the rest there are 128 4-strokes and 243 2-strokes. As for the brands, it's all change this year with Beta sailing up the stats! They've got 103 entrants, Montesa are hot on their heels with 100, GasGas are next with 78, then it's Sherco with 52 then Scorpa with 34 plus 4 Yams. No Xispa as yet...but rumour has it that we might have a couple of 250s on their way!

That's it for now - I'm off for my dinner. Two full days sorting that lot out is more than enough for one weekend. :thumbup:

Edited by Highland Lassie

Right folks - there's still a few entries on their way to us, but I know how you like your facts and figures...Slapshot and Big John being particularly fond of the figures element! B)

And thats bog all to do with numbers.....thanks Petal :thumbup:

Thats a bit down on last years absolute total bout 420 or so wasn't it?????

Thats a bit down on last years absolute total bout 420 or so wasn't it?????

Yup, it's down a wee bit....thought I might get away without a ballot this year for a while, but no such luck!! Still, it's fantastic that there's so much interest in the trial, and particularly good that there's such a high volume of newcomers. Can't be a bad sign for the trials scene! :thumbup: