Engine Cooling System?

ty250henry

I have a aprilia climber 280r. its got a few problems i am justs trying to sort out. One of them is the engine cooling system, under the fuel tank there is a little tank that i asume holds the anti freeze because it conects up to the line of the radiator at the front?

The problem i am having is that i keep filling the tank up with antifreeze and it keeps draing out and it doesnt apear to be leaking out the bottem????

can anyone tell me the problem i have or is it suposed to happen?

Many Thanks

Henry

I have a aprilia climber 280r. its got a few problems i am justs trying to sort out. One of them is the engine cooling system, under the fuel tank there is a little tank that i asume holds the anti freeze because it conects up to the line of the radiator at the front?

The problem i am having is that i keep filling the tank up with antifreeze and it keeps draing out and it doesnt apear to be leaking out the bottem????

can anyone tell me the problem i have or is it suposed to happen?

Many Thanks

Henry

Thats your expansion tank. When your engine heats up the coolant expands, that tank is there just to deal with the expansion. When the motor cools the expanded fluid in the tank is pulled back into the radiator.

When cool the tank will probably be about half full.

It will find its own level. If you overfill it and the engine gets hot it will expell some.

Nothing to worry about.

I am new to trials sorry!!!

This may sound stupid but how would i go about doing that?

Thanks

Henry

take off the radiator cap and look inside. I dont know aprilia's but on most bikes the level is about 10-15mm (bout arf an inch) from the top.