Newbie From N East

fire

Hi

Just started to look at trials bikes for my sons (age 5 +7) so any advice on what to get and where to go in Tesside area will be great.

Have done Enduro's before so bikes are not alien to me but trials bike are all new so i guess i will be looking at 2x 50cc autos but what's the best for them?

Not really wanting to enter comps but just want to have fun with the kids and give them something to focus on instead running round the streets.

And i might even have to get one myself so any ideas on what bikes are good for a 6ft4" 15 stone as well.

Cheers

Marty.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and welcome!

Best bike for a 5+7 year old would be a Yamaha TY 80. Those little twin shocks have been the building blocks of so many riders! There are modern mono-shock 50's and 80's but having seen a few in action it looks like they were built for young 'uns who have been on a bike before. The TY80 has the advantage of a seat which is always a good prop for helping a young 'un feel more secure

There are the electric Oset bikes but I can't really comment as I'm yet to see one in the flesh! They do look good fun though.

As for you riding, your best bet would be a 250 from one of the 'big 5'. Whether you go 4 or 2 stroke is personal preference, they are near equal in overall performance with 4's having a little more grip when its wet and gooey and slippy, with the 2's having a bit more punch and top end drive for the big steps. (At least, that's the impression I've got!)

Hope you stick around and enjoy!

All the best!

Pete.