Back At It

sam1

Hi,

Just got myself a Honda TLR200 as I fancied getting back into trials via the 4 stroke route, but not spending a fortune!

Anyone got any tips on em? Also, anyone in the York UK area riding TL/TLR'S? Sam.

Hello Sam, I have one. They are easy to work on but theplastics are sometimes difficult to come by. There are a few companies making aftermarket parts for them. I have a DEP exhaust on mine & Falcon Gas shocks. They can get up some surprising sections but of course you cant expect too much from them. I dont know what else you might want to know I have pulled mine to pieces & restored after servicing. It hasnt needed any internal engine work though so I havnt been involved in any of that. I am only equiped to deal with regular servicing, suspension, frame bearings & basic engine work so I cant really help with internals. I would give the engine to someone else if it needed rebuilding.

Hello Sam, I have one. They are easy to work on but theplastics are sometimes difficult to come by. There are a few companies making aftermarket parts for them. I have a DEP exhaust on mine & Falcon Gas shocks. They can get up some surprising sections but of course you cant expect too much from them. I dont know what else you might want to know I have pulled mine to pieces & restored after servicing. It hasnt needed any internal engine work though so I havnt been involved in any of that. I am only equiped to deal with regular servicing, suspension, frame bearings & basic engine work so I cant really help with internals. I would give the engine to someone else if it needed rebuilding.

Thanks for the reply. At present mine is more or less standard, tank/seat, lights etc. The motor seems ok if a little "woolly" at the bottom end. Shocks also seem very soft, not sure what make they are. I am wanting to ditch all the road going bits and maybe get a one piece, (lighter) tank/seat unit. Priced one up at over