Wearing A Hole In Boots With Chain

beta bodger

I noticed to my horror that my new boots had developed a nice hole where the chain has been rubbing on them when i am grasping the bike with my legs/feet.

Tape only lasts 2 minutes then it wears through......

It has also happened on a much smaller scale on the other boot. Possibily from where the bolt heads are situated.

Has anybody else had this....if so how did you stop it from happening again?

Er i think i may know why... It seems from the picture of an 07 bike i have just seen that i may be missing some sort of chain stay plastic bit?????

Was this a standard part on an 06? Or is this an addition?

Edit:

Sorry I am ridding an 06 caby

Edited by Beta Bodger

You don't say which years Sherco you are riding. The 2007 model has a guard on. For earlier models you can get a bootsave from trials central sponsors TRIALSCAST

Do you have a link to trialscast please i have just googled it to be put back on here from a previous post.....

Also do you know if the 07 protector will fit an 06?

Edited by Beta Bodger

www.trailcast.co.uk. Go to products. Sherco Boot Saver. Also on gallerey is some pictures of my sidecar showing it fitted.

2007 s/arm pad including guard won't fit 2006 bike as it uses different holes in s/arm

Thanks for the link thats great!

For those that are interested here is a link to a picture of an 07 chainstay

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12077623@N08/1693899647/

Thanks Robin

You would do even better to stop hugging the swingarm and get your feet out a bit on the pegs!!!! Seriously :guinness:

Yup...doing this made me a better rider too!

whats the theory behind this then?

One theory is that the rider is always upright and the bike leans. By putting your feet to the outside of the pegs you are able to separate yourself from the bike and allow it to move freely.

At least that's what I think I was told.

We hosted Ryan Young just this weekend ( :D ) and foot position is one THE basics . Turn initiation is thru the pegs where you use leverage to advantage . Balancing the scales was a phrase that's next to impossible to do if you're locked in .

Every Clubman should have his training video ......

:guinness: