Txt Pro 2004 Front Caliper Problem

scoobystu

Hi there

Recently put a new set of pistons and seals into my front brake caliper. It all went back together OK however I am now trying to bleed the swine.

Not having much joy and then I noticed that the caliper is moving apart where the wee 'O' ring sits when I pull the lever. I have tried tightening up the bolts but it doesn't make any difference. I put the old 'O' ring back in as I knew that it worked previously.

As the bike is new to me I don't know if it was doing this before. Is a small amount of movement acceptable? It may be possible that this is a red herring as I read somewhere that the brakes are notoriouslly hard to bleed.

Unfortunately I don't have a large syringe to perform a back bleeding manouvre.

Any suggestions??

Cheers

Stu

Hi,if the caliper moves apart where the small 'O' ring seals the two halfs then I would say that the calipers are somehow distorted,if this is the case then you could try and flatten them by sanding using some wet and dry stuck to some plate glass then rubbing them till flat.You should be able to bleed them using the brake lever as a pump,the only problems I have had is when the bleed nipple has some dirt in it preventing it from passing fluid.

Regards Andy.