World Round Coverage (and More) On U.s. Tv

dbrown

Hey all,

wonderful time at the world round in Duluth. If you missed it, too bad on you, but there will be opportunities to see highlights.

I spent the weekend with the Speed crew helping them get good footage for the 2-wheel Tuesday show on Speed Channel. It will air on Tuesday, June 15 (week from today), 8PM EDT and reair at midnight and again the following morning. They got a lot of great footage and interviews, and I think we'll get extensive coverage of trials on that show. But also note there will be trials coverage on TONIGHT (June 8), not from Duluth but from a demo we (TTC) did for a bunch of kids at an elementary school. It was lots of fun, so check it out.

A crew from Top Dead Center on SpikeTV (formerly TNN) also filmed, and they had a helmet camera on one of the minders with the Montesa crew. Their show is more feature story - oriented rather than up-to-date news, so expect a little bit different twist maybe from them. They told me it will air in August, I think either Aug. 7 or Aug. 14. Top Dead Center airs on Saturday mornings.

TrialsTV and Technovideo were both present in force, so expect some good and extensive coverage via DVD's.

Happy Viewing!

Dan Brown

www.trialstrainingcenter.com

Nice spot Dan! I bet those kids are still talking about that. I have done some demos and shows not related to trials so I know how much effort it takes to pull one off. It's alot more than just showing up with a bike and riding around some. Great job, you really work at getting others exposed to trials. I really like the way Ray rides over the three barels like I ride over the curb!! Rewound that a few times and still don't get it. Nice job.

Ishy,

You never fail to draw a good laugh. :(

If only certain other members of the trials community could remove the railroad ties from their behinds then we'd all have a lot more fun.

See what happens when I DON"T wear the dingleball shorts!!

I'm in a hotel in Houston. Can anyone tell me where I can find the speed channel? Is it an actual channel or a program?

The Speed Channel is an actual channel and goes under that name. The hotel just may not have it in their cable package.

Since you are in a hotel "in Houston", you are aware of the major rain storms we are having so far this week. Stands to reason, as we have an event planned for this Saturday! The kind of dirt (mud) that we have at this particular location is typically not ridable under these conditions, so we may not have it. Provided you can get web access while you are here, check out the Texas Trials website (www.texastrials.com) for directions, and updates as to whether it is still on, and maybe you can make it out.

If I'm still here on Saturday I'll try and come along. What time does it start?

Signup starts at 9:00 am with the sections open at 10:30. We are still on for now, but this blasted rain just won't quit. It is not that we are opposed to a trial in the rain or mud, it is just that this particular location will hardly let you drive down the road to get to it, much less ride on it!

Hey more great coverage on 2 wheel Tuesday tonight of the El Trial from several weeks ago. Great to see these guys on Speed channel giving us some air time almost every week! I know they have several more trials stories "in the can" for future shows including Laia Sanz at Duluth (and some discussion with other women trials riders) and also some footage of Kevin Schwantz and his roadrace buddies.

If you enjoyed it you should tell them! Speedtv.com

dan

www.trialstrainingcenter.com

Now that's funny.

You be sure to let me know when your stateside, I've got a refridgerator full of cold ones, a private cabin for you and the Mrs, and all the fast or slow motorcycle riding you can think of straight out of my garage!

P.S. be sure to make sure your credentials are current, I know U.S. customs aren't quite as strict as Duluth but you don't want to risk it just the same.