Irish Joke

slapshot 3

I started this thread with a joke someone passed on to me that i found damn funny, didn't expect this amount of fallout from it. Where do I draw lines, yeah I guess kids but I have reason to, maybe more than many who'll read this. My wife and I share the same feelings of any parent that loses a child in any circumstances, Alison McRae, the parents of the girls in Margate, the parents of the Kid Andy new in Fort William who adored TC, anyone. Sometimes you have to laugh your way through life if you can even if that does mean upsetting some folk.

Edited by Slapshot 3

Truth be told I wasn't expecting this type of reply...more of a yellow card response!?

From what I've heard and learned from Robbie Head and others who knew Colin closely he was probably the most unpolitically correct guy going and always up for a laugh and joke regardeless of the circumstances. I only met him once, briefly, and I'm sure he was as underwhelmed at meeting me as I was overwhelmed at meeting him, but he was and will always remain a legend.

A little tact is all that is really required ... The hell with political correctness , there can be a time and place for almost any joke ,

BUT as the old saying goes , Don't mention my kids ... And besides most politicians are truly jokes anyways , Look at Hilary !!??

Two faced or what ? or as she so elequintly puts it "I just don't recall ..."

Glenn And the irish joke has been around for years in one form or another , but still a chuckle. Smart kid , ?

In a way it is sort a relief to see from the responses from the Brits, Scots and others the fact that this politically and sexually correct BS has come out of hand! Just another excuse to keep some jerk in a job bases upon the latest accusation and lawsuit! Seems we must fear every word that may be used against us at any point in the future, or any jesture! Several at work contend they cannot even spank the kids buns without fear of repercussions! God forbid a politition with an opinion actually voice it! They would be shunned!

Hope I get a chance ti see a few at the US WTC if nothing better than to spank their bottoms and issue just a bit of verbal abuse, just to keep things NORMAL, that is, for normal folk!

:thumbup: