Gearing 06 250 Pro

martin 305

Hi there just got a 06 pro 250 and its runing 10 tooth front and 42 rear , I am a novice rider and am not sure if it would calm it a bit if i changed to 11 front, most sections i do in 1st /2nd i have fitted a slow action throttle . I would be glad of any help you may have . many thanks martin :(

a started with an 11 tooth sprocket on the front and then dropped it down to a 10 on the front and i think it is alot better, the 11 tooth sprocket makes the bike quicker and gives you less time to think about what you are doing and stuff. if anything i would say try a 9 tooth sprocket if you want to calm it down even more, from what i have been told using a 9 on the front makes the bike very slow to accelerate and stuff so it will calm it down.

a started with an 11 tooth sprocket on the front and then dropped it down to a 10 on the front and i think it is alot better, the 11 tooth sprocket makes the bike quicker and gives you less time to think about what you are doing and stuff. if anything i would say try a 9 tooth sprocket if you want to calm it down even more, from what i have been told using a 9 on the front makes the bike very slow to accelerate and stuff so it will calm it down.

Thanks for your advice i will pop in to talon and get a 9 tooth and see how it goes. :( Do i need to increase the no of teeth on the rear or decrease to calm further ? :wall: