250 Or 280

angusgill

hi all, i'm really stuck on which bike to buy a gas gas 250 or 280, i want a bike to ride around my farm (hills,woods ect..) and start doing the odd comp. i've riden my friends bike alot and raced enduro's. also whats the difference between a txt and a pro??? can any one help me. do i get a pro or txt, i want a bike i can rip around on and trick up lol....

Edited by Angusgill

TXT and a TXT Pro, to name it correctly, are completely different bikes. The pro is a later incarnation with all sorts of clever ideas incorporated. Stay away from pre 2004 pros. They have problems.

250 or 280? AFAIK the 280 is a more aggressive bike. The 250 is aimed at the average Joe and is the most popular trials bike in the UK.

Edited by TooFastTim

Just ordered my new gasser, have had 3 250 pros so far and loved em. Was thinking long and hard about moving to a 280. Decided to go for another 250. Tried both and noticed little difference of the bottom. If anything the 250 is that lil bit softer. just enough to be controlable. My personal advice........250 then when your good enough and feel like ya need more power, get out there and try a 280 off someone and see how it feels. hope it helps

I'm on my second 280 now but I tamed this one down with a flywheel weight as it was a bit too 'flighty' for my needs. I reckon the 250 would of suited me fine but it was all down to price. The money saved was enough to pay for the flywheel weight and some new riding gear !

If you are relatively new to trials I would suggest the 250 but if you have a bit experience then you shouldn't have much trouble handling the extra ooomf of the 280. Ultimately it's down to age, price and condition. The choice is yours.........

GJ :thumbup:

Ive got a 300 and have riden 250 and 280. The 300 is great its got power but is unlike the 280 which seems to have a power band and a poor bottom end. I forgot who advised me at GasGas, nice chap that expland the 280 was a beast and the 200 250 and 300 would be idea bikes for me. The 300 pulls bottom end great and yet as loooooooads of go if you need it with out getting away from you. Did change to slow action throttle which made the bike right for me.

I tried a 280 and never got round a section we were riding as it just spun up every time making it impossible for me, yet on other bikes got round no problems.