Hose Clip Removal

martin 305

There are specials 'pliers' for these type of clips but they're not a must. The same result can be had by using a normal pair of pliers or pincers (nail pullers) and a small flat tip screwdriver. Just slighlty compress the lumpy bit, insert the little screwdriver and twist it slightly to release the clip. I'm sure you'll suss out how to put it back on if you manage to get it off ????

A pair of the 'special' hose clip pliers can be purchased at most auto/diy stores for about tenner. A wise investment if you plan on doing a lot of your own mechy work.

GJ :thumbup:

It's real easy using long nosed pliers, hard to explain, but depress the pliers across both ends of the clamp and gently twist to one side while still depressed (or unhappy!) which releases the clip.

To fasten up, just squeeze the clamp together with pliers.

Bye, PeterB.

Hi Martin,

Have you purchased the GMX hoses??

I got some of them to bling up my 07 300 a bit but the hoses seem to be slightly fatter than the standard ones. Because of this i struggled ALOT to get the jubilee clip onto the smaller hose on the water pump. I could not do it so have had to put the original black one back on. I got the other two on OK but that last one was a pain in the ass!! If you have got them on, well done...and let me know how you managed it!???

Right then what a pain in the ass job that was , got the hoses on and they are slightly thicker than the originals! so the clips were realy tight but managed to re use all of the six clips .But when i tested the bike one of the clips by the water pump broke B) , the hardest to fit of course .So i think its best to fit all new clips ! The hose kit was GMX from Gasgas .They look the dogs, and are worth all the aggro :thumbup:

WELL DONE MARTIN!!!!! I struggled for 3 hours to trying to get that last one on. Not very happy with GMX because of that. They don't advise you that they are slightly bigger and may need to fight with them!!

They do look the dogs and are worth it but if you don't know they're gonna be a pain in the ass, it's extremely annoying!

Tell us your secrect Martin, how did you manage to get all the clips on??? My bogie clip was the bottom clip on the smallest hose, on the water pump.

Edited by manx2day

WELL DONE MARTIN!!!!! I struggled for 3 hours to trying to get that last one on. Not very happy with GMX because of that. They don't advise you that they are slightly bigger and may need to fight with them!!

They do look the dogs and are worth it but if you don't know they're gonna be a pain in the ass, it's extremely annoying!

Tell us your secrect Martin, how did you manage to get all the clips on??? My bogie clip was the bottom clip on the smallest hose, on the water pump.

Hi manx 2day , I got round it by first fitting the smaller hose ,put the clip[ original] as low on the pump outlet as you can then stretch to meet the cylinder inlet/outlet then i fitted the other one with the clip as high as possible on the pump inlet/outlet and stretch`d to fit to rad .This was the clip that broke when the bike got to normal temp :wacko: so i replaced with a jubilee clip . When you try again i would ring GasGas and get some new clips first ! cos that broken clip realy got me thinking !!!! :kerstsmiley: so i am going to replace all the clips with new ones before my next trial. Hope this helps :madnoel: ps I used a small screwdriver pushed in to the little hole in the clip to open it as advised in the first reply to my post , for doing up i found water pump pliers the only thing i had with enough leverage to do the job .cheers martin