Stolen Bike From Irthlingborough Northants

tone

I heard about a paranoid dude in cardiff that was into boobytraps and warfare, and he set his whole house up ready for invasion !!!!!

Bear traps and all sorts!

I had a 98' gasser stolen in 99' and i found out who had it and recovered it myself with the help of 4 friends!!! i'd better not tell you anymore!!! :rolleyes:

but he paid for his thieving!!

I didnt bother going to the police because they can't be bothered!! perhaps if i was breaking the speed limit they might have been interested??

Gave the energiser a go today and worked well, got 6,200 volts on the door handle although should be nearer 9000 but have lost some voltage through the timber, still plenty to make a chavs hair stand on end and remove some skin. You can here the clicking on the handle every second,that might put them off on its own especially if i put i sign up saying electrified door. Not sure how safe it is re; fire hazard haha, will have to give it a trial run for a few hours to see if the doors sets alight or starts smoking. Main problem is how to wire up a off switch outside the workshop and hide it else locking and unlocking the door will be interesting. Still think the shotgun cartridge trip wire things might be the best bet though,dont want to come home one day and find the sheds burnt down due the handle/door catching fire.

Edited by The Addict

Nice one Just. It would be a simple thing to wire in a bike (or car) ignition switch which could be turned off and on with a key. You could mount it in the door just above the handle so that you were less likely to forget yourself.

Did you get a look at the thieves? Do you know what scared them off?

Nice one Just. It would be a simple thing to wire in a bike (or car) ignition switch which could be turned off and on with a key. You could mount it in the door just above the handle so that you were less likely to forget yourself.

Did you get a look at the thieves? Do you know what scared them off?

its a good idea but wont it become live when you turn it on???

Then you'll get the zap!! :rolleyes:

its a good idea but wont it become live when you turn it on???

Then you'll get the zap!! :rolleyes:

You don't get a shock when you turn your bike on, so I would have thought it was a simple thing to do.

Perhaps you would need to wire it up through a solenoid switch, so that the current doesn't actually go through the switch itself?

Gave the energiser a go today and worked well, got 6,200 volts on the door handle although should be nearer 9000 but have lost some voltage through the timber, still plenty to make a chavs hair stand on end and remove some skin. You can here the clicking on the handle every second,that might put them off on its own especially if i put i sign up saying electrified door. Not sure how safe it is re; fire hazard haha, will have to give it a trial run for a few hours to see if the doors sets alight or starts smoking. Main problem is how to wire up a off switch outside the workshop and hide it else locking and unlocking the door will be interesting. Still think the shotgun cartridge trip wire things might be the best bet though,dont want to come home one day and find the sheds burnt down due the handle/door catching fire.

There is an easy way to neutralise the effects of that set-up although I won't say how to do it on here for obvious reasons. I am not sure whether the criminal fraternity are intelligent enough to work it out though although if they have been in nick recently, they may have learnt it :rolleyes:

I'm sorta hoping that they have a go and you get it on video. I would love to see them fry cooked.gif

Haha, yer be great to catch that on vid Ian, going to make a new door and insulate the whole lock to eliminate any fire hazard and should pump the voltage up to 11-12,000 volts :rolleyes: worked out how to switch off and on very simple really and will be hidden. Also ordered some of the trip mine things so no chance they will get in quietly and the sound of a shotgun going off should leave a turd or two in the trouser leg for a messy getaway

Any news on Malcs bike Tone???? fitted a second alarm yesterday,much louder and has red flashing strobe light, the alarm is so loud its uncomfortable to be near it for more than a few seconds so should help. Have two new ideas to hold the door which will make it impossible to get in unless they drive a 4x4 into it but I wont let on what it is here. Feel much safer now at night,just daytime security to sort before we go back to work.

I have a couple of the 12 gauge blank shotgun cartridge alarm mines on my shed. They are tripwire or pin operated and face the blast toward the floor so there is no case for injury to the poor wouldbe theif who would no doubt take legal action if cut. They are available from farm shops and merchants but to get a look at one I have this link. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alarm-mine-gauge-b...r/dp/B000T9B182

Check out the important legal stuff if fitting one. Loud, you dont know the half of it. Especially at night. FLASH, BANG and perhapse you could get some DNA from the soiled undies that were left at the scene, along with shoes/skin that were jumped out of.

Good luck. Steve