Hebo Helmet Road Legal?

j@mes

Anyone know if the cheap polycarbonate hebo helmet is road legal? I dont think it is as i cant see any of the green and gold or combined green and gold labels on it. thought i had seen them used in road trials though. I also have an old helmet with just a green sticker on do i need the gold one too?

The helmet is road legal. It has an EU label on one of the chin straps up inside the helmet. I understand that these helmets are also ACU approved for motorsport use but you have to get the sticker from them and to do that you have to send them the helmet. This is what I was told anyway.

reason i asked is im probably getting a 50cc scooter and to save a few pounds thought i could just use my hebo and buy a pair of goggles which i would use again where as a full face helmet i would only use for a year.

Used my open face on a scooter, lasted one day before I was sick of the flies in my face and teeth. Dug out the full face for the next day :hyper:

Of course it does depend on how quick a 50 is, the 180 I had was pretty swift and got quite exciting when sideways in the wet.

Got to be worth a try with the hebo anyway.

If you're going to using the scooter a lot then a full face is a good investment, ultimately it offers more protection. Then its always useful to have around, you never know who's going to offer you a blast on their race bike at a trackday :D

i would get a full face helmet but moneys tight. scooters in the uk are meant to be restricted to 35 mph (possibly kmh?) but most restrictors are taken out they need it really so might get 50 - 60 mph out of it. i might have a mask as well not a clip on one but one i could where with goggles to stop flys.

i'll only use it for a bit over a year probably being used most days to get to work.

Edited by J@mes