Txt Pro 02 250

jaycare2

Hi ,

I have a 02 250 and recently developed a problem changing down, either hot or cold, id be moving from one section to another say in 4th or 5th and it would stubornly refuse to drop down for usualy a few minutes,i changed the atf with no improvment , is it very important to use a specific brand of atf. is there any checks i can do .... remove clutch cover etc etc??? any advice would be appreciated.

Hi there,

i'm not sure if the 02 is the same as my 05 but i had a very similar prob and all i had to do was adjust an eccentric bolt behind the clutch. You will have to remove the clutch assembly and undeneath is a bolt that positions a return spring for the gear lever. for adjusting - if you cant change up - turn the bolt clockwise, if you cant down shift turn it counter clockwise (only a small amount at a time though!). Hope this helps and good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I am the victim of the link to the 05 Raga.

Did you find the change was stiff or sticky feeling? I have now taken my motor out for stripping so am hoping it will all be ok and I just need to change to a different oil.

After years of enduros it was a shock as to how complicated and compact the Raga is to take apart..... are all trials bikes such a pig to do engine work?

Trial by name trial by nature........love it to bits though! ha ha