Best Shocks For The Fantic 300

mcerem

Hi, just looking for some advice buying some new rear shocks for my 300

I recently purchased a Fantic 300 and the rear shocks that are currently fitted to it seem too short, and are too soft (I'm about 13st).

I'm looking for some recommendations on which shocks I should be considering.

Thanks in advance.

Ross

Edited by mcerem

I have used betors, njbs and falcons. cant say out about rockshocks.

If the std marzocchis are a base line,(a new set got sold in ebay france last week for 170 quid!) then the betors are definitely worse in my opinion. The falcons are the best on feel but are the most expensive. Peolpe tell me that the falcons WILL leak but they are rebuildable. I have two sets of falcons and they both have lost there rebound in only a few weeks., that doesnt both me as i like some spring on rebound. The njb experts (clubman are US) come a std or trickshox with spherical bearings top and bottom. I cant tell the difference between the two but like both. At under 100 quid they are good value also. I have 3 pairs of njbs and they havent leaked although over 2 years old.

I would say that the falcons are better than the std marzocchis and the njbs are very very close to it

HTH

Lee

Thanks Lee. The shocks on the bike at the moment are non stardard, and are too short for the bike and very soft.

I will have a look into getting a set of njb expert shocks - are they readily available, where would be the best place to buy some?

Thanks again

Ross

I get them from steve goode, he has other fantic stuff like taps etc. the experts come in 33cm,34cm and 35,6cm. Get the longest. My falcoms are 37cm as I weigh alot and sink the bike just standing on it. Steve will ask your weight so dont be embarressed ;-)

lee