... Bad News For The Beta Marketing Machine

daggs888

The start Dougie has made on the Beta is disappointing to say the least, I just watched a clip of Doug from around a year and a half ago when he was questioned about Dabbil beating him and he replied 'Is that a pig I see flying over' ! ... How things can change in a very short period of time

It's not looking to good for Doug and certainly cant be good for Beta..

Any views on how this will all end ? .. will he get over it and sort his riding on the Beta ... or is this one just too much of a mountain to climb this time.

Really disappointing ... perhaps he might be better off on the Beta 4 banger ?

On the bright side, it shows what an awesome machine the 4rt really is ... Bou made the swap the other way and went from strength to strength.

Let's see how Doug gets on outdoor .... might be a completely different story (finger crossed)

Edited by daggs888

How things can change in a very short period of time

True but they can soon change back again.

Really disappointing ... perhaps he might be better off on the Beta 4 banger ?

Quite possible, he's been riding the 4t for a few years now so going back to 2t will take some getting used to. I know Bou went the other way without any problems but is that a fair comparison? Bou is an incredible talent and he jumped on a well developed bike, not a new machine like Doug and Fuji did. Maybe it's harder going from 4 to 2 than it is going from 2 to 4 :rolleyes:

On the bright side, it shows what an awesome machine the 4rt really is

Looks like we're back to 'my bike's better than your bike'

Let's see how Doug gets on outdoor .... might be a completely different story (finger crossed)

Only time will tell...

Gosh some people speak some crap on here. Im not going to pass opinion on here how good doug is on a 2 or 4 stroke, or whethere a beta is better than a mont.as i if i do people will try and shoot you down with there opinion.

Simply put - LET HIS RESULTS DO THE TALKING.

Thats where he's at this minute, it could change, but he has been a ,multi world champ. That speaks volumes and despite what people think me included you cannot take away historical fact.

Exactly right I agree, but no point in hanging about making up the numbers in a 3rd division indoor series that is not a shadow of what it was when Dougie won it so convincingly. Michaels Betas ran very poorly at the Sheffield Indoor I know we were there, he rode fantastically well and I remain convinced that had his bike not stuttered at the important moments he would have finished much,MUCH higher than he actually did.

Dougie rode very well at the same event and I am confident that once he re-acquaints himself with his new old team the results will follow.

Good luck Dougie.

I am not drawing a direct comparison between me and Dougie but ....I spent some time on a 4rt then went back to a 2stroke and nearly****ing killed mesel.

I think we have to give Dougie a bit more time.

I'm wondering where Doug's press release from Barcelona is?

Dabill's report is up on the site but nothing from Doug. They both use Jake's G2F services don't they?

Must be a glitch between G2F and TC, as I received the usual Dougie press release the other day...

...perhaps he might be better off on the Beta 4 banger ?

I have been wondering the same thing. Pretty poor marketing on Beta's part in that they are inadvertantly saying their 4-stroke isn't good enough. Why an accomplished 4-stroke rider would go backawards, relearning lost 2-stroke skills, just doesn't make since, otherwise.