02 Gas Gas 250 Pro Clutch Probs

beardedworm

Some synthetic oils cause the clutch materials to swell causing the drag, and 02 were even worse about it, but it seems that after 6 years the plates should have been updated to the 03 material. If all else fails replace the fiber plates, set the clutch pack height, and use the ATF or the GM auto-trak fluid (blue in color) Mark.

Thanks for your help Chaps. I'm not using either ATF or the GM auto-trak fluid that you have suggested, i'm using some light gear oil. I've never heard of them (being well new to the trials game) ATF? GM auto track? What are they, special fluids, do you have to get them from a special stockist? Bearing in mind i live near Croydon.

Stu

Thanks for your help Chaps. I'm not using either ATF or the GM auto-trak fluid that you have suggested, i'm using some light gear oil. I've never heard of them (being well new to the trials game) ATF? GM auto track? What are they, special fluids, do you have to get them from a special stockist? Bearing in mind i live near Croydon.

Stu

Stu,

Do a search on this topic and you'll get more detail than I can supply.

Most of the GasGas riders I know personally have had a problem with the top hat seals and clutch plates swelling on their Pro's.

A new clutch pack (set to the correct dimensions) and seals usually sorts it...and a new non-gen slave banjo bolt while you're on(check how small the I.D. is on the standard GasGas part!!)

This non-gen bolt may take some sourcing as I recall the thread is very long but it does seem to make a difference to the clutch action.

ATF is Automatic Transmission Fluid it's very common even supermarkets sell it.

That's the main reason I use it,oh! and it's cheap..like me!

Just change it often.