Toseland

andat

I've been following JT's progress in the winter tests and reckon a podium is definately on for this year. Bradly Smith has also been flying in the 125 class since he switched to the Aprilia and must be in with a shout of the title if he gets the luck. Any doom-mongers out there????

I'd sure like to see him do good, but I think a podium finish this year may be a bit dodgy for him. With the resurgent Rossi and Lorenzo on the gas, the new speed in the Honda and Kawi's, it is going to be an exciting year, that's for certain.

Some very encouraging performances from JT during testing

I'd say in a dry race he could be looking at around 6th place maybe. No doubting his talent as a rider but he is up against similarly talented riders on full factory bikes so a podium may just be expecting too much - although you could never rule one out.

In a wet race however, I'd definitely put money on him for a podium

On day one at Jerez (a track he has only riden once before last November) there was only one man faster than JT for most of the day... Valentino. At circuits he knows, he's definately in with a chance of a podium. A lot of people thought that his move to Tech 3 Yamaha was a mistake, but I think the biggest mistake is the putrid yellow and blue paint scheme :) they have come up with... its a joke!

• 2 weeks later...

Some very encouraging performances from JT during testing

I'd say in a dry race he could be looking at around 6th place maybe. No doubting his talent as a rider but he is up against similarly talented riders on full factory bikes so a podium may just be expecting too much - although you could never rule one out.

In a wet race however, I'd definitely put money on him for a podium

JT 6th - how's that for a prediction

With the factory engine on its way things are looking good.

JT 6th - how's that for a prediction

With the factory engine on its way things are looking good.

Well done that man. Chance your arm on the gee gees!!

He's definately a podium contender after this weekend's performance. Seems like it was a good decision on his part to go with the Tech 3 Yamaha after looking at the performance of the Gresini Hondas and the D'Antin Ducatis.

• 2 weeks later...