Aprilia Climber

Guest Yamaha_dude

Guest Yamaha_dude

Hi people

does anyone have any information or pictures of the aprilia climbers? Especially the 1996 model.

Can you still get the parts for them?

What were they like?

Are there any well known faults with them?

Thanks In Advance

Rich

Edited by Yamaha_dude

I used to own a couple of Aprilia's, as far as i know, they went out of production in 1994, this being the orange model.

Very well made machines with good build quality but quite big compared to the Gas Gas, Beta etc.

Those were the days!

I have a 1993 as pictured.

It pulls like a brute, I weigh 18 stone dead (all muscle of course :rolleyes: ) and it can haul my lardy ass up anything. Rathmell has been quoted as a place for parts here before as I asked around on this forum when I bought the bike.

Didn't really get too much info like fork adjustments for my weight etc (hint hint) so persevere. Rathmell may have some owners manuals.

I had been used to riding a maico 490 motocrosser so I thought the power of the priller was quite soft but aparently they were quite the beast. certainly a lot more torque than my mates 200 sherco. But I suppose thats not really comparing like for like.

To cut a long story short, good strong bike, well built, heavy compared to modern tackle.

ps Don't break the plastics, rare and expensive....

post-2-1091003057.jpg

Guest Yamaha_dude

Thanks R2W and social climber

I asked the guy at tryals shop and he also recommended malcolm

How much was your climber social?

is that because it is a climber or does that aply to all bikes of that age that are in good condition and came with spares like my 95 beta came with new spare back wheel new spare back tyre spare foodtpegs back mudguard i payed 700 for my beta is that a good deal