Insurance

chewy

Having enquired direct to ACU and as yet recieved no response ; Is there anybody out there who can summarise the one day road insurance "deal" for trials? i.e what are eligibility rules, how much is it , who offers it

I think this may be verging on daft question, bit it's never stopped me before, so:

Any idea what is the extent of the cover?

Is this strictly a top up for those that have insurance but maybe insurance which doesn't cover competition use (all of them it seems) OR is this full insurance cover for those that may have none otherwise.

Fully comp/third party?

I know some will say that you should be insured for your bike anyway otherwise how could you tax it, and to a certain extent you're right.....but....I'd imagine there are a fair few lads riding 'their dads bikes' so otherwise may have no official insurance.

John, there are obviously quite a few riders riding road based trials and even the SSDT who are only just 17 years old, assuming they have clean full driving licences is there any likelihood of being turned down by the ACU insurers - for example any rider turning 17 this year could not have held a full driving licence for even 6 months when the SSDT comes around.

Do any insurers do motorcycle cover that includes competition use? Any advice would be appreciated as I am busy trying to get my son insured for road work.

Thanks in advance.