Just Bought A Rev 4,any Pointers?

benz19

Hi all,just traded my 05 4rt for an 08 Rev 4!!!!

Not had time to do much on her yet but am looking forward to first practice this weekend!

Anyone got any pointers or tips,mods or upgrades,not in any hurry change anything but some experenced info is always welcome.

My bike is totally standard.

Also is there a manual for the 4t as my did not come with one??

Cheers

Benz

Benz,

I've had mine since December, I had a Scorpa before and it has taken a long time to get used to the different way that it behaves.

The first thing you'll notice is the gearing. I wanted to do everything in 2nd but was losing marks all over the place. First is all you will need unless you are attacking something big.

The main thing that I keep telling myself in sections is to keep the throttle movement under control, on the Scorpa you could spin the engine up but still have more in reserve if you needed to pop up steps etc. With the 4t if you are too quick and you need to throttle off to adjust then the weight transfer can be a problem. I don't know what the 4rt is like, perhaps this wont be a problem for you.

Overall it is a great bike and you should really enjoy riding it. The only little tip I have for you is that you can drain the carb really easily with the screw at the bottom of the carb, the Scorpa needed a full strip down to even see the carb.

Enjoy!