Ssdt Collection

gizza5

Just a few of my collection :hyper:

When they started using the front number board the club used to collect these at the end on the finishers ramp, I suppose the intention was to maybe use them the following year, but that never happened.

Better than the ''Home Made'' Yellow and Black ones that had to be located front and both sides at the rear, as previously mentioned they were the major part of your bike preperation and get it all wrong in a section and the side ones used to cut through your ''Ellgren's'' like a carving knife.

Not long now how's all you prep going, mine is fine this year :D planning what to do each day, Lye in, Big Breakfast, Look at the Weather, Watch a bit of Telly if its raining, Go out on the bike for a few hours, Pub Lunch, Snooze, Bit more riding back by middle of afternoon and very similar each day.........................some days may be extended in the pub

post-516-1206292574.jpg

YOU WILL NOT be pubbing, drinking, breakfasting, telly watching, snoozing, staying dry, you WILL be out at the crack of dawn like me. Scotland is not a holiday, you have to work at it to be a conscientious spectator, so let me tell you that now Gizza.

YOU WILL NOT be pubbing, drinking, breakfasting, telly watching, snoozing, staying dry, you WILL be out at the crack of dawn like me. Scotland is not a holiday, you have to work at it to be a conscientious spectator, so let me tell you that now Gizza.

That's me TOLD :hyper: Looking forward to it in a different way and never really been that bothered about the weather, but this year I want sunshine in the bucket loads............

See you up there Mike if not before.

That's me TOLD :D Looking forward to it in a different way and never really been that bothered about the weather, but this year I want sunshine in the bucket loads............

See you up there Mike if not before.

Do I sense the rambling posts of a man who wishes he was strapping a number to the fat lass..... :hyper:

Sunshine....blizzards might be closer

Do I sense the rambling posts of a man who wishes he was strapping a number to the fat lass..... :hyper:

Donald I would be daft not to wish I was riding, but the decision was made. The SSDT is a passion to some people whether that be a rider, spectator, course marker (flags in bogs are not neessary) etc. etc. it is a social gathering for a lot of people..........but yes I would love to do it one more time as I said in a previous post in 2011 bike, fitness and body allowing

See you in a few weeks :D yes boys and girls a few weeks!!!!!!! so if your training hasn't started YOUR TOO LATE and the moors will get their revenge :thumbup::P

Donald I would be daft not to wish I was riding, but the decision was made. The SSDT is a passion to some people whether that be a rider, spectator, course marker (flags in bogs are not neessary) etc. etc. it is a social gathering for a lot of people..........but yes I would love to do it one more time as I said in a previous post in 2011 bike, fitness and body allowing

See you in a few weeks :hyper: yes boys and girls a few weeks!!!!!!! so if your training hasn't started YOUR TOO LATE and the moors will get their revenge :D:thumbup:

Spot on, passion just about describes it though I have heard obsession used as well...see you soon

Donald

Edited by Slapshot 3

See you in a few weeks :D yes boys and girls a few weeks!!!!!!! so if your training hasn't started YOUR TOO LATE and the moors will get their revenge :P:P

Gizza - you seem to have a real hang up about the flags in bogs?

if you consider the lonely existence of a course marker, he is off first thing in the morning every morning (and that starts on sunday) and as they work a day in advance of the trial they never get to see any of the event - no bikes, no spectators, no social gatherings, no meeting up with old friends to savour the atmosphere, they are in the middle of a deserted windswept moor with 200 flags round their belt and a hundredweight of markers on their backs.

The way we were all taught by the late WD to lay flags was in a straight line - if that goes through the middle of a bog, well thats unfortunate, but it is also quite amusing for us knowing that the unwary riders will face a 'bog challenge' the next day and of course knowing that our backmarkers will have to go into the bog to get the flag. :thumbup: - its one of our small pleasures in the job - and i bet its years since you've been caught out anyway :hyper: