2000 Rev 3 270

gregp

I have the 250 version of this bike and love it! Inverted forks are plush and the bike corners tighter than my old Gas Gas 321 did. Power is comparable to the 321 and maintenance is a snap! Excellent support from my local Beta dealer as well as the US importer, too. Lewisport USA has been great, too. For an eight year old bike, my Rev 3 is like new and tons of fun to ride. Unless the bike you're looking at is pretty rough (not common), I'd say go for it!

Greg

Wichita, KS

Grooster, my bike looks to be an '01. It is Blue and does not have inverted forks. I checked the SN (02177) and it comes up as an '01 270. Are you aware of any on-line parts diagrams/prices?

Thanks!

Greg

I downloaded the PDF from the Beta web site in Italy - you'll get several languages but the second language is english. I simply printed off those pages and now have a fairly decent manual to go from. The '01-07s are quite similar. The air box and subframe changed in '02 so your bike and mine share parts with the exception of the forks. Inverted was an option for '01 but most went with the conventional forks. The air filter is NOT the same as the '02-07 so be careful when ordering a couple - it's always best to have an oiled spare ready to go!

The PDF includes a great set of schematics for wiring and good photos for servicing most parts. There is also a PDF manual for the engine which is also applicable. Just google for Beta Rev-3 and between the factory site and the US importer site you'll find most of what you need online. The British sites are also superb in helping out, too. Just check the forum over either by searching or reading each post. I have done both and gained some pretty good insight as to what I should expect from the Beta. It's a great bike and a strong competitor, too.

Thanks!

Greg