Fantic 240 Engine Sprocket

daved444

I am having some trouble keeping the circlip in place on the final drive sprocket on my 240.

The shaft doesnt appear to be too worn and the sprocket is brand new. The sprocket is a little loose on the shaft. I tried the correct Fantic circlip but it came off after a few minutes and as it appeared to be quite loose I went for a smaller one that seemed to hold it but as soon as I get on the road it throws that one off too.

I have attempted to wire it on but that also will not hold.

Has anyone else suffered the same problem? How did you sort the problem.

I have been thinking about making a coller with a grub screw to hold it in place or even welding a threaded sud to the end of the shaft that will hold a collar on but I wondered if anyone had come up with something that works?

Lee - over to you!!!!

Hi Dave,

Bas is right. I have ridden a whole trial without a circlip cos it broke and I had none. Mine are all loosish but that seems normal. is the enginge stright in the frame, spaces on those shiny wheels ok? Which way round do you have it. Talons come with a thick and a thin spacer. I put mine on thin side first. Dont know if its correct

Lee