Scorpa Easy No Spark

jezzyb

Riding my 1999 scorpa easy yesterday and it kept stopping, It started up again no problem this happened 6 or 7 times, then it died , not to start again, no spark i checked all connections etc changed plug no joy,checked cap and lead . I joined the wires from the temp sender and noticed when i kicked it over that the fan was starting to spin so i am guessing that the stator is generating power. Can anybody recommend the next step ? Can i test the black box under the tank and what is that analogue thing under seat I can see the pounds mounting up if i just start throwing bits at it hope anybody can point me in the right direction thankyou jezzyb

Hi, i lost the spark on my scorpa easy 97, with exactly the same problems as you. The stator had gone. The fan uses a differant coil on the stator plate than the ignition, so the fan will spin even if the ignition coil is bust. I had mine rewound for around

Thanks chris the bike started first kick the other day however i have ordered a puller for the flywheel as this as happened before and called in at my local bike shop and he said the same as you and he will send off the stator for testing for a fiver . ( thought that was very reasonable ) can you remember if the nut ( flywheel nut) is left hand or right hand i tried this morning to slacken it but it was very tight thanks jez

Edited by jezzyb