Strange Clutchy Type Behaviour

eiaprilia

Hey peeps i'm hoping someone can help coz i'm scratching my head here

Last couple of times out my clutch has started to drag real bad the lever goes slack and i go pinging off into the distance, if i ride the bike up through the gears, pop a few wheelies or summat it disappears again, it only does it occasionaly but its driving me mental! :P

I fitted a new master cylinder and hose about a month ago, i've had the plates out and checked them for warping, the baskets showing no wear and i'm using the same oil i always have :thumbup:

I've ordered a repair kit for the slave cylinder today see if that makes any difference, short of ordering new plates i dont know what else to do?

Has anyone else suffered a similar problem?

replies on a postcard to the usual address :D

Hi,

I had the same problem a couple of months ago & tried the same as you at first as well as a full set of clutch plates. I also tried adjusting the lever numerous times but the problem didn't go way (it wasn't happening all the time though). I ordered the two 'o' rings for the slave cylinder (one green & one black), fitted them & problem sorted! Make sure you clean all the fluid off the slave cylinder piston before fitting new 'o' rings & also apply a light coating of silicone grease to the 'o' rings - it says so in the manual!

Hope you get it sorted,

Mark