Dunlop Registration Ssdt

scottyboy

Hi i see this topic has already been brought up but with no replies?. There was an advert in the last issue of YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE asking you to register with dunlop via there web site to order discounted tires? I have looked but am unable to find how to do this? Any ideas would be appreciated Thanks Scott

Hi,

My dad spoke with someone who has a contact at Dunlop. Apparently Dunlop know about the site not working and are trying to get it back up. If not we're supposed to register with a supplier when we get up there. Like i said i didn't hear this first hand so can't vouch for it, but if anyone knows any different i'd love to know. If i hear anymore i'll post it up here

Edited by billycraig

I'm not sure if it's changed for this years SSDT but it usually works like this: -

Register with your importer now (Beta = JLI, Mont = Sandifords, GG = Shirty etc.) so that they know what parts to bring for which model/year etc. (UK bikes only, no grey imports!)

Introduce yourself to the Dunlop men on the Saturday/Sunday before the event starts - tell them your riding number and what bike you will be using. Gary at JLI's usually walks across with me and does the introduction "this is Brian, he breaks lots of things but no tyres yet!"

Then, each time you want a fresh tyre they will fit it for you and log your riding number. After the event, all the tyre details fitted for Beta's will be passed to JLI's for invoicing out, same for Monts, GG's etc.

Fixing punctures, fitting new tubes and turning tyres is usually free of charge - don't forget to take any wheel spacers out or they'll take the p*** out of you :thumbup: