Sy250f 07 General Maintenance & Decals

shrub

Hi All

Well ive got the bike im just going through it to make sure everything is ok, thought it best to change the oil filter, oli, air filter and plug. Before i go for a hop skip and a jump. Is there anything else I should think about doing and how often should I change things the like the filters etc. I could do with a rear tier again any sugestion on what to use rember im a novice at all this.....lol.. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know the best place to get decals and plastics/carbon parts from?

All i need now is some kit and im ready to go, ill pop upto BVM to get that this weekend all being well on the money front.

Cheers

Shrub

PS are there any good parctice spots near North Somerset or in a 40mile radious?

hi birkett motorsport for all your parts as he is the importer he does next day delivery you juut need to blow your airfilter out with an airline as it is a lifetime airfilter oil and filter every 4-5 trials excellent bike though ive had one from brand new cant fault it better than mont and sherco as ihave had them all

cheers stu

• 3 weeks later...

Rather than start a new similar thread I thought I would just hijack this one. Not many people talk about the SY250F (except me) so here we go again.

I put an hour meter on my bike when it was new to help keep track of maintenance and repairs. The brain is getting old ya know!! I just rolled over 300 hours so I thought I would check the valve clearance again and do the usual oil change, air filter etc. maintenance. I said check the valve clearance again because I have checked them multiple times before and they have always been in spec. This time the intakes needed adjusting. The exhausts were in spec. The two outer intakes were one shim size loose and the center intake was one shim size tight. I had been reusing the valve cover gasket each of my previous checks so this time I put in a new one. First valve adjustment 300 hours in, seems pretty reasonable to me. :wall:

So it