Jetting For Colorado Nat.

firstgear

Anyone in the Canyon City Colorado area have some jetting tips for the 2008 Keihin equipped Rev 3 270's for riding in that area.

It looks like the elevation is around 5300 ft in Canyon City, In Michigan we are around sea level so soome jetting changes may be required.

We would like to get the bike close so that I can relax more when we arrive.

Thank You.

To start, drop the main jet one size, go to one size smaller pilot, lower the clip on the needle one position. Bring gasoline with you for the bike if you can. (gasoline is formulated a little differently for altitude, no reason to compound additional changes if not necessary). Plan on dropping the main another two sizes after you get there and see how it runs. Understand, it will feel like it has lost about 20% of it's power, because it has.

JMck

Thanks for the tips. I rode the Cotapaxi Nat. lastyear and you are correct about the loss in power.,that takes some getting use to.

That was my 07 Rev with a Mikuni that I was very familiar with.

The Keihin I have yet to mess with much so thanks again for the tips. It will be nice to have it jetted close so that fine tuning can be done with air screw? I doubt I'll get that lucky though.

Plus Ron should have everything figured out by the time we come stumbling in.. Thanks Again.