Montesa Ignition Mods

ianj

Hi ian it was me who was looking for yer diagram on the other site, ...............Cheers mate ,i owe you a beer (should i ever meet you!!)

What other site..... :D

.....duh!, promising a Scotsman a beer!......NEVER EVER do that.....he'll always hold you to it..........til yer old and grey!

Cheers!

Ian.

Edited by IanJ

Sorry if i sound stupid (never mind) but where abouts is this bracket and is it inside the engine.

Gavin

Hi,

Take the flywheel cover off the engine, then look inside the cover....voila!

You do not need to remove the flywheel on the Monts.

Ian.

.....duh!, promising a Scotsman a beer!......NEVER EVER do that.....he'll always hold you to it..........til yer old and grey!

Especially an Aberdonian, eh Ian. If your doing any bon accord trials next year i may see you. I only plan on doing one or two .(Lumsden definitely), I will do the mod next week, but i'm wondering whether to go for 2 or 3mm, or does it not matter too much?? I'll let you know how i get on. Cheers :hat:

I had a shot of one the other week. Quite a good bike, But i've since seen this strange scorpa ritual of taking all the bodywork off and turning them upside down to pump water/ petrol out of them before they will run properly. I dont understand this, i've never had to do this to the montesa!!

Wooooo Hoooooo.