Beta Splutter

yamahaty250xox

hi

my 07 rev 3 125 has developed a bit of a splutter. it wont fully rev out and half way through the rev range it splutters. i had the carb off earlier this week and all is clean in there. although come to think off it the splutter started after i had it off.

it does seam to get better if the petrol is turned off and run for a while.

im using the recomended 70:1 petrol mix with castrol tts

any help apprecated

max

Edited by yamahaty250xox

You could easily have disturbed some crap when you removed the carb, so remove it again and inspect everything again carefully. Ensure no air leaks at connections when re-assembling. If no improvement, at least you can eliminate the carb completely.

hi thanks for all the help

i have just taken the carb off and cleaned all the jets again but the problem still persists. when i first took my carb off i foolishly placed the floats in upside down thus not letting any fuel in. i realised i had done this so took it off again and truned them round. could this have bent the float tangs to a differnt place?

max

Hello Max,

Have a look HERE tells you all you need to know about dellorto carbs.

Don't think i be ridding sunday as it looks like the main bearings and crank seals have gone on the GASSER....

mike.