Videos From Colorado

rda

I should explain a bit more about the section. The "Pro" line, demonstrated successfully by Smage (above) and not so successfully by Cody Webb and Dustin Hedwall, included the first big splatter and ended with the ledges on the left. The "Expert" line bypassed the first wall and included the slippery climb just to the right of the ledges (demonstrated here by Colton Haaker). Josiah and Caleb Mizell noticed that they could jump the gap on the far right, still be within the expert line, and avoid the climb. Both made it the first lap, though Caleb barely did and got at 3 (please pardon the expletive from the camera person). Josiah was less successful on the second lap and took a rough 5 while Caleb thought better of it and took the typical line. Undaunted, Josiah tried again on the third lap and also got a 5 (again, pardon the bystander's comments).

Agreed - fantastic shots from the Colorado National!!! Big saves, too!!!

Right click on each link to "save target as..." and download the files to your local computer for best results. Wish I could have been there!

Thanks -

Greg

Funny .. My son rode it straight up on the expert line the correct way and had 1 point all day .. in this section... by far the best of the experts... sometimes riding the correct designed line works best.. Thanks RMTA awsome job and sections were well done and well thought out.. enjoyed the loop , not so mu ch the dust..lol .. Thanks again Ron

Gotta agree that the intended line was the best for a lower score and Ron certainly had it down on the second and third laps (we moved to section 8 and didn't see the second lap). Josiah's scores in section 9 were 1-5-5, I am sure that they would have been better if he had stuck to the "correct" line. On the other hand, his line was certainly entertaining for the spectators. A couple of people cleaned the expert line on the first lap by staying to the left of the climb to the upper ledge then working the front wheel down to the ledge and traversing right to the area where Mizell landed, then turning around to the exit (sorry, we didn't get any videos). It took more time and effort but was successful.