It's That Man Again...l-e-w-i-s (said In Inspct. Morse Style)

ham2

Team tactic's i believe,ron told Lewis over the radio to push kimi over the line to put kimi at fault and pick up a time penalty,however ron told me today they did'nt expect some idiot to hit lewis up the a*** which then put lewis over the line and ultimately out the race along with kimi. :wall:

Edited by bilc0

Ron didn't tell him to stop, so he didn't stop. Another example of the bizarre (un)reality bubble that surrounds the McLaren team. I think Hamilton is a decent driver but he needs to be in a team that allows him to think for himself before he'll ever become great. Williams are due for one of their cyclical resurgences - Button and Hamilton in competitive Williams cars would be great.

I would've liked to see a Piquet/Salazar-type moment too!

Ah, Piquet and Salazer :wall: probably the crappest attempt of a kick in the B*****ks I have ever seen, if your going for goolie shot in a scrap for ****s sake make sure it connects really - really well or you might get a bloody good shot back and end up rolling on the floor chewing on em. Kimi was well cool, he knows the score though at that level, bet he would have lost it if it had been a lower order driver though. Think Lewis was abit unlucky though, must be hard to judge the cars infornt whilst excellerating away from the box and no brake lights as a warning, too late time he realised, bet he felt a right knob for a while

Piquet/Salazar

Ah, Piquet and Salazer :wall: probably the crappest attempt of a kick in the B*****ks I have ever seen, if your going for goolie shot in a scrap for ****s sake make sure it connects really - really well or you might get a bloody good shot back and end up rolling on the floor chewing on em. Kimi was well cool, he knows the score though at that level, bet he would have lost it if it had been a lower order driver though. Think Lewis was abit unlucky though, must be hard to judge the cars infornt whilst excellerating away from the box and no brake lights as a warning, too late time he realised, bet he felt a right knob for a while

Piquet/Salazar

Funny you should mention that spat..I think Hamilton's comment after the shunt (refering to Kimi) ''I hope I didn't ruin his race'' was the (metaphorical ) equivalent of a kick in the balls!

We could be looking at the F1 version of Gazza here :huh:

There's a number of issues over this incident. Firstly what was Kimi doing racing Kubica in the pitlane. He should not have been released but Ferrari were desperate to make up ground, this led to Kimi being on the more dangerous inside track in the pitlane. This incident alone should have meant that he received a black flag. This also meant that LH who exited his box further down the pit lane. was accelerating to the limit as He came across the cars stopped at the red light.

Seconly LH He braked and avoided Kubica but in avoiding RK hit the Ferrari sitting in the wrong lane. Remember these cars have a lot of hand controls for starting/pit stops so it isn't as easy as just hitting the brake. The pit lane does not have the grip of the main track and tyres are also cold.

Thirdly and most importantly, under the current rules this is the second consecutive year that Canada's Red light has caused a problem. It needs re-siting or increasing in size to stop these incidents. Massa didn't see it last year when approaching behind another car.

Edited by Telecat

This also meant that LH who exited his box further down the pit lane. was accelerating to the limit as He came across the cars stopped at the red light.

Wrong, he was still in the pitlane, with his pitlane rev limitter on, full acceleration wouldnt have happened till he let go of the limiter as he crossed the line at the end of the pits.

Stop trying to blame Kimi, it was LH fault. Imagine his insurance claim form "I was driving along and colided with a stationary car, but it wasnt my fault he shouldnt have been stopped there!!!!!!"

If you are going to black flag people that drive on the inside track (as you put it) of the pitlane, there wouldnt be anybody left in the race as everyone has to drive on it.

Incase you didnt know its perfectly acceptable to use that part of the pitlane, its an advantage the team that won the previous years Consturctors championship gets, in that they can choose either the first or last garage in the pitlane, they pick which one gives them the best advantage in the race, sometime having the 1st garage is the best sometimes the last.

Put it another way, if it was reversed and it had been KR hitting LH in the same circumstances would you be blaming LH? No i didnt think so.

And as for the cars having "a lot of hand controls for starting/pit stops so it isn't as easy as just hitting the brake" yes it is, 1 finger on the pitlane limitter button and then drive as normal.

2nd mistake in 2 races, is LH feeling the pressure?

Thirdly and most importantly, under the current rules this is the second consecutive year that Canada's Red light has caused a problem. It needs re-siting or increasing in size to stop these incidents.

Hmmm?..not sure about the logic of that statement...regardless of whether the lights are on red,if you're bearing-down on two stationary cars and the road is only two cars wide then you must stop (using either the brakes or the front end of your vehicle to decelerate) :(

Nobody has had any trouble with any other circuits implementation of the "Red Light" even at Monaco where "Kimi" ran into the back of another car after losing control. Massa 's incident also involved another vehicle in front of him. In that case though There was only one lane in use. KR was also released as Kubica passed. He shouldn't have been. If that had happened to Ferrari the reaction from the "red whingers" would have been a call to the stewards.

Edited by Telecat

KR was also released as Kubica passed. He shouldn't have been.

When should he have been released? After LH perhaps?

See previous post explaining how the pit lane works.

This weekend should be interesting with LH and his 10 place penalty.

If he goes really light on fuel so he can qualify on pole (grid place after penalty 11th) or knowing hes going to start from midfield and might have to run longer in the race he'll add more fuel and qualify 3rd-5th ending up 14th to 16th on the grid.

He's never started that low down in F1 and give his habit of some strange (but good to watch) moves in the 1st couple of corners i can see him pitting at the end of the first lap for a new front wing.

When should he have been released? After LH perhaps?

See previous post explaining how the pit lane works.

This weekend should be interesting with LH and his 10 place penalty.

If he goes really light on fuel so he can qualify on pole (grid place after penalty 11th) or knowing hes going to start from midfield and might have to run longer in the race he'll add more fuel and qualify 3rd-5th ending up 14th to 16th on the grid.

He's never started that low down in F1 and give his habit of some strange (but good to watch) moves in the 1st couple of corners i can see him pitting at the end of the first lap for a new front wing.

But He has started from back there in GP2 an came in Second. I think it will depend on Strategy to be honest.