Which One Is Better..sherco Or Gasgas Pro?

trialsaddict

Hi all:

I have the chance to buy either a mint Gas Gas pro 2004 280 or a Sherco 2.9 2004, I couldnt test either due to seller restrictions (seller is far from my place where i live..), prices are similar... I havent decide yet what to buy...

Some say the Pro still have reliability issues, but to my knowledge (correct me if Im wrong...) 2004 models have all this issues solved...

others say Sherco is not so flickable as Gas Gas and is a bit underpowered and heavy compared to the Pro...

is that true guys???

I

Edited by TrialsAddict

It sounds like the Sherco would be more suited to your needs. Just go buy it. If you are not a "pro" yourself you don't need what the Gas Gas can give you. The ultra light weight and abundant power are not helpful to most riders, rather just causing them extra dabs. Although the Gas Gas pro has "resolved" all of thier issuues (officially) they are just not as tough in the long run in the hands of a typical clubman rider. It's not politically correct to state this, so you are asking people to expose themselves to criticizm for saying the truth. Watch and see.

Trials Addict, take a look under the "Across the Pond" section at the weights of the bikes. This may give you a clue about how much lighter the Pro is over the Sherco.

I don't know about you, but I could just take a wizz and make up the differance in weight.

In my opinion there really isn't much between them at all now. I had a 2002 280 Pro, and apart from the reliability absolutely loved it, but ALL the problems have been ironed out now. I now have a 2004 Sherco 290.

I don't think the Gasser has more power at all, and I'm on the heavier side. If you need more power than the standard Sherco 290 can give you, you're either doing something wrong, or you're a top notch rider.

I would have no problem in buying a Gasser again, but tough decision between 280 and 300.

But....if I were to buy a new bike tomorrow, it would probably be a Sherco 290.

Some poxy little reasons, but that's because there is so little between them....If you want new plastics for Gasser its around