Tested In The White Heat Of Competition......

ham2

I have some Orings in the garage you can have if you need to strip it again.

Cheers for the offer..you don't have a spare stator lying around do you..just in case?

At this rate, back and foot should be usable very soon :rolleyes:

I cannot see anything dysfuntional there. Put the head on a lapping pate(piece of glass) on a level surface(kitchen table) and rub it around a bit on some 400 grit wet paper! This will insure it is flat, yet the o- rings must do the sealing, so get new ones.

Clean up the top of the cylender with a bit of scotchbrite or something to insure you have a good clean sealing surface.

You really need to get it back together and run the crap out of it to see what happens. Looke like you need to runtheshietofit to get some heat in the motor from the carbon buildup! Hell, your muff may be plugged with that crap! It may need a douche!

:rolleyes:

If you are going to lap the head suggest you do it by rubbing in a figure "8" pattern. Apologies if I am telling my mother how suck eggs :-)

Edited by arun1664

Gawd,you couldn't script this....Got it hot on the drive and now it's slightly worse, it's back-firing when warmed up(when I rev it,not when I start it) so I think I'm looking at a new stator?

Is the logic that there is so much unburnt fuel in the exhaust that I'm getting the excess heat from there?

She starts first or second prod whether hot or cold though? :rotfl:

either igniting it too early and hence it's getting hot due to the extra work the engine has to do to overcome the early pressure wave while the piston is still on it's way up.

or ignition it too late, I've read before if it is back off too much the mixture is still burning as it enters the exhaust so the exhaust gets very hot.

...or ignition it too late, I've read before if it is back off too much the mixture is still burning as it enters the exhaust so the exhaust gets very hot.

Ta!

This is my thinking....just for now I'll put the timing all the way forward to see if the bike is more usable.

From my experience of dying stators thats not your problem, generally starting gets worse when hot so see if you can borrow a coil pack off someone else's bike to eliminate the stator as the cause. You're probably looking at the cdi/coil pack being faulty

• 6 months later...

The saga ends....eventually got round to sorting out my stator (thanks to motorplat UK).....What a difference,the bike is way too powerful now,smooth and torquey with no overheating either. :D

Curious things stators,it's not like I had a poor spark or anything!!! Just sparking at the wrong time?

Going to retard the ignition now..thank you all for your contributions :guinness::rotfl::lol:

Wayne

• Like 1

The saga ends....eventually got round to sorting out my stator (thanks to motorplat UK).....What a difference,the bike is way too powerful now,smooth and torquey with no overheating either. :D

Curious things stators,it's not like I had a poor spark or anything!!! Just sparking at the wrong time?

Going to retard the ignition now..thank you all for your contributions :guinness::rotfl::lol:

Wayne

Do you still remember how to ride the friggin thing?

Do you still remember how to ride the friggin thing?

Just took some time off work to ride it ( I was that excited),and to answer your question Cope...no...got bad hand/fore-arm cramp...got to go into work now and I can't hold a bloody pen! Ha!