Trials Guys @ The Oklahoma Endurocross

city trials

In the pro class Colton and Phil were the only two to qualify for the Pro Main event. Colton came in third, holding that position the entire race. Phil battled hard from 8th to 10th, finishing 10th. Keith and Geoff just kept coming up short in the heats, semi's and LCQ.

Phil won the TrialsCross class in a tight battle over Keith Wineland. A few faster kids beat the old trio of Marvin, Vern and I, with only seven riders competing. I finished dead last, crashing way too many times to count. One over the bar crash on the logs drew a loud applause from the 4000 in attendance. Phil had the crash of the evening in the hot lap session, shattering his chest protector. Everyone thought he was done for the evening. I worked to get the bike back in racing shape by going around to the pits finding replacement parts, (rear sprocket, thanks Geoff - front brake rotor, thanks KTM - ball barings and grinder with Air Conditioned workshop to do the work - thanks Kawasaki) Tough as nails, Phil kept racing and pulled out a miracle to make it in the main event. I'm so proud of the young man.

Edited by City Trials

Thanks, Keith. Shan Moore wrote this article for Cycle News and I'm sure we'll be seeing lot's more in the next few days from RacerX and Dirt Rider. The press comes out in droves for this event. Everywhere you look, someone's taking a photo or video. I'm guessing Phil's and my crash will be popping up somewhere. Carnage makes for good footage. Not sure how Andy will take seeing his Trials Central Logos upside down on my helmet?

Also, we'll (full family event) be up at Duluth this next weekend for the national. We're hoping Pat can defend his National title. We know Cody's riding great and is looking to snatch that title away. We'll see how it plays out this weekend.

Edited by City Trials

Here's the official press release I just received.

DIETRICH WINS OKLAHOMA EnduroCross

ROUND ONE OF THE $50,000 GEICO TRIPLE CROWN

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK. (August 17, 2008) Ricky Dietrich rode his Monster Energy Kawasaki to his first ever AMA/Maxxis EnduroCross main event win in Guthrie Oklahoma on Saturday evening. He battled his teammate, Damon Huffman until the very end as both riders clearly wanted the win. Young Colton Haaker, the converted Trials rider now riding a KTM 250SX backed by Lucas Oil products rounded out the podium after battling with Nick Brozovich early in the main event. Team Zip Ty

Edited by City Trials

Thanks, Keith. Shan Moore wrote this article for Cycle News and I'm sure we'll be seeing lot's more in the next few days from RacerX and Dirt Rider. The press comes out in droves for this event. Everywhere you look, someone's taking a photo or video. I'm guessing Phil's and my crash will be popping up somewhere. Carnage makes for good footage. Not sure how Andy will take seeing his Trials Central Logos upside down on my helmet?

Also, we'll (full family event) be up at Duluth this next weekend for the national. We're hoping Pat can defend his National title. We know Cody's riding great and is looking to snatch that title away. We'll see how it plays out this weekend.

Hi Craig,

Good luck this weekend! Are you riding? I'll be cheering for Pat to keep that title!

If you get a chance take a look for our "Team Michigan" riders. Look for a grey enclosed trailer with 1st Gear Trials Supply graphics. We have five guys headed out tomorrow from MI. Our top 3 MOTA riders will be there (riding ES) one rider in SR35, along with a new rider who is on the fast track to bigger things. (also riding ES) The main reason I want you to talk to him is convince him to go and ride the Columbus Enduro cross. His name is Joe Kutchey. He rode his very FIRST trial ever just a year ago. But he is already riding on line with our top 3 experts. He also rode our only Endurocross in MI this spring as the only trials bike mounted entry in the A class - he lapped the rest of the field in 6 laps. They did not do any of the double jumps on MX bikes (it was very muddy) while he did em all on his Sherco. I think that he could do really well at Endurocross. All ya got to do is convince him to make the trip. Let me know how it goes this weekend!