Kick Start Problem

wri5hty

the kick start on my 300 pro wont return to the vertical position worked fine at the last trial but after removing it from the van it stoped working the clutch cover was cracked but have replaced this and the problem still contineus everything in side seems fine no missing teeth on cogs but still not working right there is slight movement in and out on the shaft and the frist resistance on the kickstart changes when moved gently by hand not very technicaly worded this i know but any help would be great

Edited by wri5hty

i would say the kick start spring is broken. your problem sounds very much like the one i had. from what i hear and have experienced the springs spontaneously blow. what your is your 300? i think the problem was fixed in 03 or 04.

Just been watching a Jim Snell video on Youtube about clutches (yes I must be bored). Link here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjoj7n74G0s

He mentioned a bit about the kickstart return spring having a 'foot' on it that has to fit into a groove in the clutch cover.

It occured to me that if you have replaced your clutch cover you my not have seated this foot back into the groove.

I think that would account for your kicker not going quite back to vertical with everything else looking okay.

I am certainly not a mechanic, but hope this is of some help.

Mark