2009 Bikes

frontroomautos

I spoke to Greg Florin from Scorpa France in France last Sept, he advised 2008 was the last year for a 2T Scorpa (maybe just the final year with the present motor). Also heard from another source that another 2T motor was mooted but really, I can't confirm this. It seemed that the restrictive European rules on emissions dictated that only 4T engines could be homologated for sale in some/most EU countries - I am pretty sure that Germany, France and Italy can only accept 4T motors - again, needs to be confirmed.

Bye, PeterB.

I spoke to Greg Florin from Scorpa France in France last Sept, he advised 2008 was the last year for a 2T Scorpa (maybe just the final year with the present motor). Also heard from another source that another 2T motor was mooted but really, I can't confirm this. It seemed that the restrictive European rules on emissions dictated that only 4T engines could be homologated for sale in some/most EU countries - I am pretty sure that Germany, France and Italy can only accept 4T motors - again, needs to be confirmed.

Bye, PeterB.

rubbish. its more likely yamaha won't make them at a realistic price.

rubbish. its more likely yamaha won't make them at a realistic price.

I think that the Dabster is right. Yamaha is not too interested in this engine. Just look at the grand investment Yamaha has made to adapt the engine to use a hydraulic clutch!!!! Scorpa may well have to drill and tap the hole themselves.

Cheers

DFW

I think that the Dabster is right. Yamaha is not too interested in this engine. Just look at the grand investment Yamaha has made to adapt the engine to use a hydraulic clutch!!!! Scorpa may well have to drill and tap the hole themselves.

Cheers

DFW

They might have to get the Chinese to start making copies of the TYZ engine :D

I suggest they make the engine a bit narrower and also give us a choice of a 290

Edited by bigdamo

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...