1993 Gt32 Vs 1994 Jtx320

gt32

Evening all.

I have the chance to get my hands on a pile of old parts, both engine and chassis from what appears to be a '94 JTX320.

Question is, how much of this equipment would be any use on my '93 GT32. I assume that the chassis and bodywork parts are completely different but what about the engine?

Surely they would'nt change too much over the one model year?

Obviously, these parts could be nothing more than scrap, but with these bikes getting on a bit, might come in handy.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

As mentioned earlier, the JTX 320 came out in 97, there was no 320/330 in 94 so maybe someone got the years mixed up on the 320.

Your GT32 is a piston ported model, with the inlet manifold into the barrel, the JTX has a case reed. Crankcases and clutch case are different, internals are compatible, GT32 ign is Motoplat JTX is Kokusan - that's a plus! The JTX cylinder is inclined forward compared to the GT32 so that motor may not fit into the older frame, but, most of the cycle parts will fit into/onto the JTX frame which will be lighter amd more modern looking than your 93 unit. If the parts are reasonable then consider buying them.

Bye, PeterB.