Bantam B175 Points Cam Problem

isaacely

Hi, I'm new to bantams and are looking for a bit of advice.

I have a bantam b175 trials bike that I have just bought as a non runner,I started by checking the points and timing, I could not get the timing correct and took off the points cam as it seemed to be in the wrong position to get the timing correct. The cam fits on a taper but there does not seem to be any way of holding it in the right place, there is a small groove in the back of the cam but nothing on the crank for it to slot on. Should there be a peg or something for it to fit on?

I would be grateful if anyone could offer any help. Thanks Alan.

• 2 months later...

i don't think there is any locating peg or lug. Screw in the end of the cam should tighten down ok once you have roughly timed at 16 degrees before tdc (use a timing disc on rotor) and then get points opening at exactly 16 deg using multimeter or bulb and battery. See also RoosterBooster web site for semi-contact less points

i don't think there is any locating peg or lug. Screw in the end of the cam should tighten down ok once you have roughly timed at 16 degrees before tdc (use a timing disc on rotor) and then get points opening at exactly 16 deg using multimeter or bulb and battery. See also RoosterBooster web site for semi-contact less points