Finished Montesa Pictures Tomorrow?

munch

Looked all over the website including photo galleries of this years show and nowt. I thought that maybe someone from todotrial might have been there as it is on the same lump of land but nowt!! :rolleyes:

Maybe they were a no show , busy getting Fuji to sign the stickers , no doubt !! :)

Shame i was looking forward to the finished article , partly to see how much they could have spoilt the great looking Honda graffix !! ;)

Edited by Marky boy

I'm sure the 4-strokes will be fine bikes, if not immediately, they will be soon; and the technology will be impressive, and will make us motorheads happy. But I was just checking out the Mont photos with, I have to admit, a little tear in my eye.

I'll miss the simplicity of the 2-stroke.

I was just remembering that Sherco, in '02 or '03, was bragging about exactly how many fewer parts their new bike had than did the previous year.

Even though some of these parts were as inconsequential-seeming as spoke nipples, anybody who is involved in prepping competition machinery knows that one of the most basic formulae is: Less parts=less problems.

This is why we remove lights and extra wires whenever possible. It's why, on bikes with cable clutches, I always prefer to extend the actuating arm by welding in a piece instead of using 3 extra parts (extender, bolt, nut).

I'm not blaming the factories, of course; I'm sure they're not doing this by choice.

AND I'd even bet that a 4-stroke is even better suited to what I loosely refer to as my riding style.

But I know all that clutter is going to bum me out.

Oh well...it'll be a couple years befor I trade my '01 for an '05 2-stroke, then I won't have to worry about a 4-stroke until several years after that!

While I'm here...how did "T" become the symbol for "stroke"?