2002 Gas Gas 125

Guest Yamaha_dude

Guest Yamaha_dude

My new bike is a 2002 gas gas 125.

weve paid the deposit and ive test riden it and so has my dad. We were happy and have bought it.

im not really in the know about the gassers. are there any problems with the 2002 machines? and also are there two models a txt and a txt pro?

If so im not sure which mine is.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance rich

post-7-1095502669.jpg

yes there is a txt aswell as the txt pro's mines a txt but mines fat. get another picture of 99 or 2000 gasser from eagles view and compare them the txt's are usually wider than the txt pro's. i think yours is a txt pro.

ive had my 00 gasser since 01 and theres noit been much problems with it only problems are problems that happene on all bikes

Guest Yamaha_dude

Is it right that i have heard the pro is more focused but less strong. wheras the txt is not as focused aimed at people not ready to move upto the pro and is stronger than the pro? :rolleyes:;):)

Yamaha-dude or is it gas gas dude.

Here a bit of blurb about the 03 Pros The new TXT Pro as you will have heard is a completely new bike. Everything from the ground up has been changed. The motor is a revolutionary design which Gas Gas have patented. It is still 6 speed with a new design of a 3 disk clutch. The main bearings are very cleverly run in oil from the gearbox. The bearing is sandwiched between 2 seals with a hole coming straight from the gearbox constantly lubricating the bearings.the gear selector shaft is located inside the selector drum with the gear lever positioned in front of the final drive sprocket. All new ignition. The frame has similar frame section to the 8occ rookie. The airbox and seat unit is one piece composite mold with the air intake coming from the front. (not from the top as last year) the element is accessed from the top and fits 4nto the box similar design to a motocross bike. The forks have been reworked and modified the bushes. New progressive system on the rear suspension. Complete new exhaust system with unique sound. New brake discs with new rear caliper that is mounted completely inside the swinging arm. New lightweight wheels with 32 spokes. New petrol tank which holds a little more than 2001. Notice the 330cc is now a 300cc.

The pro is a lot different than the TXT and yours looks like a Pro to me.Not 100% sure but I think the pro first came out in 02 but late in the year and could well have been called 03 (as the new 05 was out in early September this year).

The mud guard air box unit access is one way to tell the difference the por air box is on the top and the TXT on the side.

there were problems with gear box and air box with the early Pros but if the bikes been used these will have been sorted.

Here is a picture of an 03 pro

http://www.erjtrialsbikesgasgasuk.com/data/txtpro.htm

there all basically the same just other than capicity and suspension.

Hope this helps.