Jt 250 Engine 1993

gasgas1

hi im gettin water in my gearbox oil is this down to the cylinder head,after about 5mins running all the water is gone & ends up in the gearbox its also getting hot cos i dont think the fan is working wat temp should this kick in is there a way of checking this

hi im gettin water in my gearbox oil is this down to the cylinder head,after about 5mins running all the water is gone & ends up in the gearbox its also getting hot cos i dont think the fan is working wat temp should this kick in is there a way of checking this

First guess is that the waterpump seal and shaft will need to be replaced. In rare circumstances, if the overflow hose on the radiator cap is crimped, pressure can force coolant past the seal into the bearbox.

The fan should be working as soon as the engine starts to overheat and you may want to use a 12V battery to check it's operation. If the fan works when hooked up to the 12V source, the fan module is probably the 2nd thing to check and 3rd is the output from the stator system.

Always check the simple (and cheapest) things first, such as a bad ground or malfunctioning connection. Sometimes wires will get pulled out of the connectors and corrosion will form at the ground point.

Jon