Restoring A Fantic 200

majesty320

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you werent overcome by the number of replies......

here is my tuppence worth; I just picked up 3 (!) 200s from spaghetti land so I will be doing at least one of em up for myself.

I will change the awful footrest to modern ones, moving 10mm lower and 10mm back. I have made a fairly stable jig for altering the headstock angles on my 240s and will do the same on the 200. If you want this mod, and it can easily bu/(er a frame if you have no jig, then go to classic trial in southampton and get a price. I didnt want to believe it but the effect on steering is really amazing.

http://www.classictrial.co.uk/

If you want a lighter clutch, then lengthen the clutch actuation arm by one 428 chain link. A 520 will be longer but I find it too long and dont like the feel.

I rode a 200 at the sun inn trial with a 26mm oko and loved it. Get one of flybay for about 60 quid or pay around a 100 for a modded version with intake adapter from that Southampton Man.

The 200 forts are ok, try WES progressive fork springs maybe. Or upgrade to 240, 300, 301,303 forks. (getting better in that order). And Falcons are the best rear shocks, or NJBs if on a tighter budget.

Try a 125 Trial frlywheel if you like lots of revs, maybe naff in mud though...we dont have mud over here!

Us a reamer to drill the front brake plate to 15,3mm and centralise when assembling the front end or try changing to a 300 seat, which just fits. One guy over here has lengthened his swing arm and sears by it...i shortened my 240 swing arm to come close to the 200 wheelbase...

HTH