Tall Bars / Triple Clamp For 99 315r

dpetteys

I recently inheirited a 99 315r, and I am pretty excited about learning to ride trials. The little bit of riding I have done on it I feel like the bars are too low, I'm 6'4" and my bikes usually need some ergo changes. The bike currently has what appears to be an aftermarket top triple clamp with "competition clamps" engraved on it, it is for 1 1/8" bars. I can't find any info on these clamps, and I'm not sure they are even right , the first owner made a lot of goofy mods to it. I have seen clamps for the newer showas, but nothing so far to fit the older paiolis. The current bars have no marking on them at all. Anyway, I was hoping to find a taller clamp and bar setup, does anyone have any ideas or reccomendations?

Montesa 99 model year 315R used Showa front forks, not Paiolis if I can remember, previous owner may have swapped forks in that case.

What was standard mount was Montesa HRC top triple clamp on Showas, as you are quite tall, use Renthal 6 inch rise HRC bend handlebars. If you are in USA these may be hard to source but they are available from stock in England.

Stock top triples sometime appear on e-bay from time to time, just put Montesa in the search field.

My son rides a 4RT with stock top triple and these bars, what a difference it makes to him as he is tall.

Post a photo of the front end so that folks may be able to identify and help you more on this

Hope this helps.

Big John

Edited by Big John